As one of the major players in the maquiladora, or IMMEX, industry with its principal operations located at two of North America’s most vibrant centers of border trade and commerce, the Tecma Group of Companies has a important stake and plays a proactive role in the formulation and influencing of policies and regulations that emanate from Mexico’s Federal District through the nation’s executive branch and legislative bodies. Tecma maintains a presence in Mexico City not only for the purpose of caring for and guarding the interests of its Mexico shelter manufacturing clientele and itself, but also as a vantage point from which to conduct the business of Tecma Energy Services.
Among the government entities with which the Tecma Group of Companies regularly interfaces include Mexico’s:
- Secretaría de Economía, or Secretariat of the Economy – This is the organization that is the Mexican corollary of the US Department of Commerce
- Secretaría de Hacienda y Crédito Público (SHCP), or the Secretariat of Finance and Public Credit – The SCHP is part of the nation’s executive branch and serves as its finance ministry. It is analogous to the US Department of the Treasury.
- Secretaría del Medio Ambiente y Recursos Naturales (SEMARNAT), or the Secretariat of the Environment and Natural Resources – SEMARNAT is the equivalent of the Environmental Protection Agency in the United States
- Secretaría del Trabajo y Previsión Social, or the Secretary of Labor and Social Forecasting – Mexico’s Department of Labor is the governmental entity that oversees employer-worker relations.
- Servicio de Administración Tributaria (SAT), or the Tax Administration Service – The SAT is under the direction of the Secretaría de Hacienda y Crédito Público, and is responsible for enforcing
Mexican tax and customs laws.
- Aduanas, or Mexican Customs – Mexican Customs is a dependency of the Servicio de Administración Tributaria (SAT), and administers the rules and regulations governing Mexico’s import and export trade.
- Secretaría de Energía, or the Energy Secretariat – The Secretaría de Energía is the Mexican government agency that is the overseer of the country’s energy policy. Due to the recent and transformational energy reforms that have been implemented by the country, this government agencies role has been and will continue to be high profile and of consequence to the nation and its economy.
- ProMéxico operates as an arm of the Secretaría de Economía, and is the governmental entity that promotes trade and investment. In addition to its headquarters in Mexico City, ProMéxico has offices in major cities worldwide.
We are in one of the largest cities of the world.
Tecma maintains a presence in Mexico City not only for the purpose of caring for and guarding the interests of its Mexico shelter manufacturing clientele